Other news

BELLINGHAM, Wash. – A Bellingham couple whose dogs died from eating mushrooms in their yard want others to know about the danger to pets.

Flickr

A worker at the Yakima landfill has discovered some people's trash really is treasure. This week a hazardous waste technician returned a bucket of silver bars to a family that didn't know it owned them.

Fifty-year-old Robert McCune says he typically deals with things like flammable paint, acids, and industrial grade fertilizers from the region's apple orchards. And he expected to find a batch of rat poison when he popped the lid off a one-gallon bucket recently.

MOXEE, Wash. — A farmworker who says he learned how to lasso 30 years ago while working on a cattle ranch in Mexico still knows his ropes. And that saves two dogs ...