Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
gifts of appreciated securities
Important: To insure proper receipting and to allow us to properly thank you for your gift, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us of your stock gift.
Make a gift to KPLU by transferring appreciated securities instead of writing a check! By doing so, you may avoid the tax due on the capital gain AND you may receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the security.
For example, if you give stock with a fair market value of $1000 for which you paid only $100, the "cost" to you for making the gift is only $100! Plus, you may be able to deduct the full $1000 from your income tax, thereby reducing your "cost" even further.
To donate stocks that are held in your brokerage account (at your brokerage house), simply provide your financial advisor with the following information:
National Financial Securities
Account Number: 0QF-737666 (note: the first digit is a zero)
Depository Trust Corporation: (DTC) 0226
PLU Federal Tax ID #: 91-0565571
Ed Grogan or Molly Hill
Summit Financial Group
6625 Wagner Way, Suite 320
Gig Harbor, WA 98335
Your broker should be able to transfer the security to KPLU within 24 hours.
If you physically hold your stock certificates, would like to contribute shares in a mutual fund or other appreciated security, or if you or your investment/financial advisor have any questions, please call 253-535-7758 or toll free 800-NPR-KPLU(800-677-5758).