Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 24, 2011
Zoo releases new video of clouded leopard cubs
Just a day away from public viewing, the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium has released a new photo (above) and a new video of the newborn clouded leopard cubs.
Chai Li, a female clouded leopard at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, gave birth to the two cubs on June 14. This is her first litter. She and the cubs’ father, 23-month-old Nah Fun, were born at the Khao Kheow Open Zoo in Thailand and put together as a future breeding pair when they were five days old.
The cubs will make their public debut Saturday with viewings every three hours during their feeding times (9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m., 5:45 p.m.). The official poll for the naming contest also will launch Friday, and votes can be cast through the zoo’s Facebook page and website.