Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Wim Wenders talks of processing loss, learning new language of dance theater
One of the most talked-about Oscar nominations this year is the 3-D dance documentary, Pina by Wim Wenders.
The German “new-wave” director is also well-known for the feature film Wings of Desire and for the jazz documentary Buena Vista Social Club.
His new movie is a portrait of the late German choreographer, Pina Bausch.
KPLU’s Bellamy Pailthorp asked him to tell the story of how he first discovered her work, reluctantly, almost three decades ago.
His girlfriend insisted he go with her to see a performance.
Wenders says, he expected to be bored…
<you can hear the rest of the story by clicking "listen" above>
“Pina” is screening in 3D at Seattle’s Cinerama Theatre through March 8th.
Here's the official trailer: