Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
I Wonder Why ... ?
Fri September 21, 2012
Why are Seattleites averse to stepping out in style?
Do most of the clothes in your closet range from hiking fleece to dress fleece, or some variations of plaid and jeans?
That’s probably what has fueled Seattle’s reputation as an unfashionable city.
Overdressing – something that’s just not possible in many American cities – can become a sort of phobia.
Read more on I Wonder Why ... ?