Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Where is Washington’s newest seat in Congress?
If you’ve looked at your ballot, you may have noticed that you're in a new Congressional district.
If so, you're hardly alone. More than a million western Washington residents have been reassigned to new Congressional districts.
That's true for every resident of the new 10th district – which was added to the state because of population growth in the 2010 census.
As both the Democrat and Republican in the race explain, the dominant symbol for this area is Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
"The center of the district ... is Joint Base Lewis-McChord," says Dick Muri, Republican.
"It wholly contains Joint Base Lewis-McChord, which is the third largest military installation in all of America," says Denny Heck, Democrat, when asked to define the district.
For the complete story, click the "listen" button above.