Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu April 12, 2012
What's Up, Doc? Songs to celebrate that exam
This week we play Doctor, examining those practitioners of psychiatry, proctology and podiatry with our chilly stethoscopes. Now bend over a bit, this may feel a little uncomfortable…
Dr. Kildaire, Marcus Welby, Dr. Feelgood, they’re all in this week’s episode, but our all-time favorite doctors have to be The Three Stooges. It’s Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine and Dr. Howard in “Men In Black”, well worth 18 minutes of your precious time:
The doctor features prominently in Harry Nilsson’s classic song “Coconut”, but a closer look at the lyrics show that “lime and coconut” is both the cause and the cure of the ailment.
One of the most memorable Doctors on television was Star Trek’s temperamental but lovable DeForest Kelley. He reminded us that doctors weren’t always perfect.