Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu April 12, 2012
What's Up, Doc? Songs to celebrate that exam
This week we play Doctor, examining those practitioners of psychiatry, proctology and podiatry with our chilly stethoscopes. Now bend over a bit, this may feel a little uncomfortable…
Dr. Kildaire, Marcus Welby, Dr. Feelgood, they’re all in this week’s episode, but our all-time favorite doctors have to be The Three Stooges. It’s Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine and Dr. Howard in “Men In Black”, well worth 18 minutes of your precious time:
The doctor features prominently in Harry Nilsson’s classic song “Coconut”, but a closer look at the lyrics show that “lime and coconut” is both the cause and the cure of the ailment.
One of the most memorable Doctors on television was Star Trek’s temperamental but lovable DeForest Kelley. He reminded us that doctors weren’t always perfect.