Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
sounds of snails
This is What Snails Sound Like When They Eat
When snails chow down, they make some noise, says Washington snail farmer Ric Brewer.
We can hear the snails eating with their toothed tongue, as well as the “squoosh” of their slime, Brewer says. Here's his brief explanation, followed by the sounds of the snails themselves.
Brewer is the only snail farmer in Washington state, and possibly in the U.S. He raises some 5,000 of what he calls “the original slow food” at his Little Gray Farms Escargotiere in Quilcene.