Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Diversion du jour
Watch: Puget Sound seal pup slips and slides on surfboard
At first he didn’t succeed, and he tried, tried again.
Several seal pups took respite on a surfer’s board in Puget Sound near Three Tree Point earlier this month. But for one of novice pup, surfing, it turned out, wasn’t as easy as others had made it seem.
A GoPro camera mounted on the board captured the little guy in action.
“It had rained that morning and the slip n’ slide ensued,” wrote YouTube user HydRemote who posted the video.
In the end, persistence pays off for the pup who appears to relish the chance for a close-up.