Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 11, 2012
Watch: A personal look at Seattle's first same-sex ceremonies
On December 9, 2012, same-sex marriage became legal in Washington State, one of the first states to do so by popular vote. Wedding ceremonies began at 12:01 a.m. that day.
KPLU's Florangela Davila and photographer Barbara Kinney take a look at what unfolded during the first eight hours at the King County Courthouse in downtown Seattle.