Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 11, 2012
Watch: A personal look at Seattle's first same-sex ceremonies
On December 9, 2012, same-sex marriage became legal in Washington State, one of the first states to do so by popular vote. Wedding ceremonies began at 12:01 a.m. that day.
KPLU's Florangela Davila and photographer Barbara Kinney take a look at what unfolded during the first eight hours at the King County Courthouse in downtown Seattle.