Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Diversion du jour
Wed August 7, 2013
Watch: Meet the Tallest Baby in Seattle
Say hello to the tallest baby in Seattle.
The baby giraffe was born at Woodland Park Zoo on Tuesday night. And less than two hours after coming into the world, the calf was already standing with his mom, 6-year-old Olivia, and stretching 5½ feet tall.
A camera captured the birth, as well as the calf’s first attempts to stand.
The yet-to-be-named baby boy is expected to make its public debut in a week or two.