Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Sat July 5, 2014
WATCH: Hurricane Arthur From 30 Miles Out At Sea
Originally published on Sat July 5, 2014 12:08 pm
Although Hurricane Arthur appears to have spared the U.S. East Coast any major damage, 100 mph winds are nothing to take lightly, especially 30 miles out to sea along the infamous Frying Pan Shoals south of Cape Hatteras.
Take a look at the video above of Arthur as it passed on Thursday over Frying Pan Tower, a one-time U.S. Coast Guard Light Station that's been converted into a bed and breakfast (you can book here!).