Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Thu September 15, 2011
Washington revenue forecast drops $1.4 billion
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Washington's latest revenue forecast predicts a $1.4 billion drop in tax collections through June of 2013.
The state's chief economist Arun Raha said today that "fear and uncertainty" have "overwhelmed consumer and business behavior."
The gloomy forecast could intensify calls for a special session in Olympia or lead to a new round of across the board cuts by the governor.