Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Thu September 15, 2011
Washington revenue forecast drops $1.4 billion
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Washington's latest revenue forecast predicts a $1.4 billion drop in tax collections through June of 2013.
The state's chief economist Arun Raha said today that "fear and uncertainty" have "overwhelmed consumer and business behavior."
The gloomy forecast could intensify calls for a special session in Olympia or lead to a new round of across the board cuts by the governor.