Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Matters Of The Heart
Mon February 3, 2014
Washington Is For Lovers, Says Amazon.com
It appears love is in the air in Washington state.
The state is home to four of the 20 most romantic cities in the U.S. as ranked by Amazon.com. Leading Washington's pack is Seattle, which came in second place after San Antonio.
The online marketplace ranked cities using the number of romance-related purchases made by consumers in each city. Considered purchases include romance novels, books about relationships, Barry White CDs and romantic comedy movies.
Vancouver, Washington ranked seventh, Spokane came in ninth and Everett ranked 18th.
This claim to romance fame is new around these parts; this year is the first time Seattle has broken the top 20.
Knoxville, Tennessee, which topped the list for the past two years, fell to third place, followed by Miami and Alexandria, Virginia.
The last romantic cities, according to Amazon, are San Buenaventura, California, New York and El Monte, California.
And notably missing from the list, adds Amazon: Loveladies, New Jersey; Handsome Eddy, New York; Loveland, Colorado; Loving, Kentucky; Valentine, Nebraska; Sweet Lips, Tennessee and Romance, West Virginia.