Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 21, 2012
Washington GOP wants Facebook picture removed
SPOKANE, Wash. — A controversial photo of state Rep. Matt Shea, R-Spokane, standing in front of his Democratic challenger's house has become a political hot potato for Republicans.
The chairman of the Spokane County Republican Party is trying to persuade Shea to remove the photo from his Facebook page. Amy Biviano, the Democrat challenging Shea, has accused Shea of trying to intimidate her by posting the photo of her home and refusing to take it down.
Biviano says she is concerned about her family's safety because her husband is a former federal prosecutor. Spokane County GOP chair Matthew Pederson said Monday that he has asked Shea to remove the photo. It remained posted Tuesday.
Cadidate pitches from their websites (in alphabetical order):