Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Mon October 7, 2013
Wash. National Guard Bringing Back 700 Workers
The Washington state Military Department is bringing back to work more than 700 federal technicians who were furloughed in the partial government shutdown.
Spokeswoman Karina Shagren says the civilian employees of the Washington National Guard are expected back at work starting Tuesday. They've been out for about a week.
About 80 state employees who are paid by federal money are still on furlough.
Major General Bret Daugherty who commands the Washington National Guard says the shutdown is continuing to have a negative impact on the department.