Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Mon October 7, 2013
Wash. National Guard Bringing Back 700 Workers
The Washington state Military Department is bringing back to work more than 700 federal technicians who were furloughed in the partial government shutdown.
Spokeswoman Karina Shagren says the civilian employees of the Washington National Guard are expected back at work starting Tuesday. They've been out for about a week.
About 80 state employees who are paid by federal money are still on furlough.
Major General Bret Daugherty who commands the Washington National Guard says the shutdown is continuing to have a negative impact on the department.