Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Mon August 13, 2012
VIDEOS: Another Dust Storm Blankets Phoenix
Originally published on Mon August 13, 2012 6:37 am
As the city's 12News reports, in 2006 there were 15 such storms reported statewide in Arizona. Last year, there were 24. And so far this year, there have been 13. Drought conditions over several years have made already arid conditions even drier. And with temperatures continuing to be sky high, Phoenix residents are going to have to continue to live with haboobs for the foreseeable futures, weather experts tell the station.
Two posts about huge dust storms in 2011: