Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Wed July 27, 2011
Video of Tacoma housing project goes viral, gets it wrong
An attack video claiming to expose a housing development in Tacoma "built for illegal immigrants!" has been played more than 300,000 times on YouTube. There’s only one problem, the Tacoma News Tribune reports, it’s completely wrong about almost everything.
About five months ago, reports the news organization, William B. Mount and a woman named Jane drove through the Salishan development on Tacoma’s East Side “with a video camera and a big box of misinformation.”
The two created a 10-minute commentary on the mixed use and mixed-income redevelopment project and proceeded to stir up a great deal of vitriol. Tacoma Housing Authority and Tacoma City Council members are getting e-mails from people hot over what he calls misuse of Social Security funds.
For the complete and thorough debunking of this video, see the story in the Tribune.
Here is a YouTube video showing the original development of Salishan: