Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Vegetarian? "Thass easy for you to say..."
It's a giant veg-out!
That's what the big crowds at Seattle Center's Veg Fest 2011 are there for this weekend.
In this segment of Food for Thought Nancy Leson talks a little about the Festival and turns any vegans in the crowd who didn't know about it onto a great resource, Vegan Score.
Nancy also alerted me to a thought provoking essay by New York Times food writer Mark Bittman who draws his title from the famous line in Orwell's Animal Farm. It's called Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."
-A. Whitney Brown