Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Washington Becomes First State To Lose 'No Child Left Behind' Waiver
- Obama To Slide Victims, Responders: 'We'll Be Here As Long As It Takes'
News & Music Contributors
Wed October 31, 2012
'Unbelievable' - Brad Pitt donates $100K for same-sex marriage effort
WASHINGTON – Brad Pitt has agreed to donate $100,000 to help the Human Rights Campaign raise money for its efforts to support same-sex marriage initiatives in several states.
The nation's largest gay rights group announced Wednesday that Pitt agreed to match contributions from the group's members up to $100,000.
In an e-mail to members of the Human Rights Campaign, Pitt wrote that it's "unbelievable" that people's relationships will be put to a vote on Election Day.
Same-sex marriage will be on the ballot in Maryland, Maine, Minnesota and Washington state.
The Washington, D.C.-based Human Rights Campaign says it has spent $8 million to push for marriage equality for gays and lesbians over the past two years, including $5 million in the four ballot measures this year.