Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed September 12, 2012
Tricks and tips for home bakers
Now that the weather is finally cooling off it's time to crank up the oven. In this week's Food for Thought, Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson and I share a few favorite baking maneuvers.
You can hear all about it by clicking "listen" above. Another terrific source of baking lore is thefreshloaf.com. I've been browsing this site for several years and there are discussions and expert help from amateur and professional bakers from all over the world on every conceivable baking topic.
Everyone has a favorite baking tip to share. Post yours right here.
"Marge, it's 3a.m. Shouldn't you be baking?"