Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Traveling WWI museum comes to Seattle's Museum of Flight
It's a museum on wheels! The traveling World War I exhibition, dubbed the "Honoring Our History Tour", rolls into Seattle this weekend on a custom, 18 wheel truck.
The free exhibit is financial services company Waddell & Reed's way of celebrating its 75th anniversary. In partnership with the National World War I Museum, the tour is visiting museums in 75 cities across the country. The goal is to raise $500,000, to be evenly divided between the WWI museum and local museums.
The exhibition features 66 artifacts, such as weapons, uniforms, posters and flags. Visitors will experience the tight conditions of trench warfare, see the relatively primitive tools, weapons, equipment and uniforms, amid sounds and sights of war 100 years ago.
Where & When?
- Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 15 & 16, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The parking lot of The Museum of Flight, 9404 E. Marginal Way S., Seattle, WA 98108
- Admission is free to the Traveling World War I Exhibition. Regular admission will apply at The Museum of Flight.
You can learn more at honoringourhistory.com.