Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
World's Fair Anniversary
Wed August 22, 2012
#topthis – Public to design the Space Needle’s top
The roof of Seattle's iconic Space Needle was repainted on Tuesday with the message "top this" to promote a new contest in honor of the 50th anniversary of the 1962 World's Fair.
The people who run this Seattle attraction want the public's help in designing the Space Needle's next paint job.
Officials with the Space Needle will be accepting design and color submissions for a paint job that will be on the roof from Oct. 21 through April 21. The deadline for the contest is Sept. 20.
Submissions will be narrowed down by a panel of judges. Then the public will pick the winner.