Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed January 9, 2013
Top your raw oyster with a Bloody Mary snow cone
Nancy calls it a granita. But really it's just a fancy snow cone. In her latest article on oyster ingestion Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson shares three granita recipes that go very well with oysters.
Punch that "listen Now" up there to hear her talk about her first raw oyster. And agree to preside over my first oyster experience. That's right -- I've never had one. But Ms. Leson aims to fix that soon. Keep watching this space for the thrilling photos.
"He was a bold man that first ate an oyster."
-- Jonathan Swift