Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu October 4, 2012
A Tip of the Hat to these Songs About Hats
This is how Record Bin Roulette LOOKS in VIDEO !
This week the Record Bin Roulette Wheel randomly stopped on the category “Hats”. We rarely question The Wheel’s judgment, but we must admit we were a little worried The Wheel might be spinning eccentrically.
But then, in our vast Record Bins, we found these singing stars who would be nothing without their iconic hats. In the 1940’s Carmen Miranda became one of the highest paid performers in the world, and she did it with the help of hats. This completely over-the-top Busby Berkeley production from 1943 features her singing “The Lady in the Tutti Frutti Hat”:
Hats helped SsGT Barry Sadler reach the charts in 1966 with his “Ballad of the Green Beret”. This is possibly the most boring music video ever made: