Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
They didn't name him Monty?
As reported earlier, Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo has been asking the public for help in naming its new reticulated python. The zoo conducted polling on its Facebook page and the top vote getter was Kaa, which was also the name of the snake in Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book. The 8-year-old, 100-pound male snake was introduced to the community last week and can be seen at the Day Exhibit during zoo hours.
The runner up names were:
- Sundara – “beautiful” in Hindi
- Java – in honor of its roots in Southeast Asia and Seattle
- Rimbo – “jungle” in Indonesian
- Pogi – “good looking” in Tagalog (Filipino)
Some of the more...creative...suggestions were Julius Squeezer, Fluffy, Snuggles and Stephen Colbert.