Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
They didn't name him Monty?
As reported earlier, Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo has been asking the public for help in naming its new reticulated python. The zoo conducted polling on its Facebook page and the top vote getter was Kaa, which was also the name of the snake in Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book. The 8-year-old, 100-pound male snake was introduced to the community last week and can be seen at the Day Exhibit during zoo hours.
The runner up names were:
- Sundara – “beautiful” in Hindi
- Java – in honor of its roots in Southeast Asia and Seattle
- Rimbo – “jungle” in Indonesian
- Pogi – “good looking” in Tagalog (Filipino)
Some of the more...creative...suggestions were Julius Squeezer, Fluffy, Snuggles and Stephen Colbert.