Technology predictions for 2011
2011 should be a great year for electric cars, e-books, netbooks, and Netflix.
Listen by clicking on the audio 'play' arrow above
Mark is predicting:
- "CarryAlongs"* (tablets, pads, netbooks) will continue to be the fastest growing segment of the PC world.
- E-books will go mainstream, with more of us reading books on e-readers, pads, netbooks and other devices.
- Cable and satellite TV will lose ground to IPTV as more of us stream movies and TV shows from the Internet via Netflix and other services.
- Apple's iTunes will continue to dominate digital music distribution but face serious competition for video.
- Electric cars will make the transition from novelty item to an accepted form of transportation. Expect to find charging stations up and down I-5 to power these new vehicles.
Mark will post more predictions for 2011 on his blog, A Bright Fire.
* When this was first posted, Dave mistakenly condensed "CarryAlongs" to "netbooks". In the audio interview, Mark includes pads and tablets in what he calls the CarryAlong form factor.