Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun September 30, 2012
Tamir Hendelman Trio from The Upstage in Port Townsend
With the audience on three sides of the musicians, this performance was truly "up close and personal". Three world-class musicians, Tamir Hendelman, Martin Wind and Matt Wilson provided an evening of spontaneous musical magic for a capacity audience in a cozy Port Townsend club, The Upstage. Recorded during this year's Jazz Port Townsend, the trio plays two standards, a Jobim tune and an original by each member of the group. Each of the three musicians has toured and recorded widely, but this performance was unique, as Tamir Hendelman tells the audience after the first tune of the set.
Jazz In The Clubs is a regular feature of Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend, presenting international recording and touring jazz artists in intimate settings along Water Street in downtown Port Townsend in addition to the mainstage concerts at McCurdy Pavilion at Fort Worden. The festival takes place each year on the last weekend of July.