Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sun September 30, 2012
Tamir Hendelman Trio from The Upstage in Port Townsend
With the audience on three sides of the musicians, this performance was truly "up close and personal". Three world-class musicians, Tamir Hendelman, Martin Wind and Matt Wilson provided an evening of spontaneous musical magic for a capacity audience in a cozy Port Townsend club, The Upstage. Recorded during this year's Jazz Port Townsend, the trio plays two standards, a Jobim tune and an original by each member of the group. Each of the three musicians has toured and recorded widely, but this performance was unique, as Tamir Hendelman tells the audience after the first tune of the set.
Jazz In The Clubs is a regular feature of Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend, presenting international recording and touring jazz artists in intimate settings along Water Street in downtown Port Townsend in addition to the mainstage concerts at McCurdy Pavilion at Fort Worden. The festival takes place each year on the last weekend of July.