Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 3, 2012
Tacoma takes cargo shipping business from Seattle
TACOMA, Wash. — A new cargo ship called Monday at the Port of Tacoma.
The containership Dusseldorf Express was the first ship from the Grand Alliance of three shipping lines that once called at the Port of Seattle.
The News Tribune reports the move will bring about four addition moorings a week to Tacoma.
The three Grand Alliance lines are Hapag-Lloyd of German, NYK of Japan and Orient Overseas Container Line of Hong Kong.