Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Tacoma takes cargo shipping business from Seattle
TACOMA, Wash. — A new cargo ship called Monday at the Port of Tacoma.
The containership Dusseldorf Express was the first ship from the Grand Alliance of three shipping lines that once called at the Port of Seattle.
The News Tribune reports the move will bring about four addition moorings a week to Tacoma.
The three Grand Alliance lines are Hapag-Lloyd of German, NYK of Japan and Orient Overseas Container Line of Hong Kong.