Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Wed July 18, 2012
Tacoma backs off medical marijuana proposal
TACOMA, Wash. — The Tacoma City Council has backed away from plans for medical marijuana gardens and dispensaries in the city.
Zoning regulations that had been recommended by the planning commission were removed from agenda for Tuesday's city council meeting. Mayor Marilyn Strickland said the city can't overstep state and federal drug laws.
The News Tribune reports the council plans to consider another measure next week that would make marijuana-related offenses a low enforcement priority.