Most Active Stories
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- Organic Milk More Nutritious than Regular Milk, WSU Study Finds
- The Life Of A First-Year Teacher, In Six Emotional Stages
- 5 Tips to Help You Look Better on Skype, FaceTime
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
News & Music Contributors
Wed May 1, 2013
T-Mobile USA completes MetroPCS acquisition
T-Mobile USA, the country's fourth-largest cellphone carrier, says it has completed its acquisition of MetroPCS.
T-Mobile, a subsidiary of Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG, will gain its own U.S. stock listing by merging with Dallas-based MetroPCS Communications Inc.
The combined company will be called T-Mobile US Inc. and will start trading on the New York Stock Exchange Wednesday under the ticker symbol "TMUS."
Under terms of the deal, MetroPCS shareholders are getting $4.08 per share in cash, or $1.5 billion. They're also getting half a share of the new company for each MetroPCS share, resulting in a 26 percent ownership stake.
The rest will be owned by Deutsche Telekom.
The combined company will be based in Bellevue, Wash. and keep a significant presence in Richardson, Texas