Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed May 1, 2013
T-Mobile USA completes MetroPCS acquisition
T-Mobile USA, the country's fourth-largest cellphone carrier, says it has completed its acquisition of MetroPCS.
T-Mobile, a subsidiary of Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG, will gain its own U.S. stock listing by merging with Dallas-based MetroPCS Communications Inc.
The combined company will be called T-Mobile US Inc. and will start trading on the New York Stock Exchange Wednesday under the ticker symbol "TMUS."
Under terms of the deal, MetroPCS shareholders are getting $4.08 per share in cash, or $1.5 billion. They're also getting half a share of the new company for each MetroPCS share, resulting in a 26 percent ownership stake.
The rest will be owned by Deutsche Telekom.
The combined company will be based in Bellevue, Wash. and keep a significant presence in Richardson, Texas