Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Thu June 9, 2011
Suspect in 'Barefoot Bandit' case pleads not guilty
Colton Harris-Moore, who gained a popular following as the "Barefoot Bandit," has pleaded not guilty to all charges in federal court in Seattle.
The 20-year-old is accused of a two-year cross-country burglary spree in stolen cars, boats and planes — some of the crimes allegedly committed while he was barefoot. He entered his plea Thursday.
Harris-Moore's lawyer, John Henry Browne, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Darwin Roberts previously said in court they hoped to have a plea deal reached by the end of last month that would provide the framework for resolving state and federal charges.
The deal would've allowed money from book or movie deals to be used as restitution to crime victims. But in the past few days, prosecutors have said they're reluctant to let Harris-Moore sell his story.