Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 4, 2011
Strange police parodies rile Renton officials
The Renton City Prosecutor wants to send a cartoonist to jail for mocking the police department in a series of animated Internet videos, reports KIRO-TV.
The "South-Park"-style animations parody everything from officers having sex on duty to certain personnel getting promoted without necessary qualifications.
A criminal court document, uncovered by KIRO Team 7 Investigators, not only shows how badly the city of Renton wants to "out" the cartoonist (who goes by the name MrFiddlesticks), but states some of the fake character's lines discuss real life incidents.
For example, the search warrant says one cartoon statement "discussed a past incident that has already been investigated…..regarding a dating relationship (a female detective) had with a suspect."
Watch the videos: