Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Mon May 7, 2012
Steve Powell voyeurism trial starting in Wash.
TACOMA, Wash. — The voyeurism and child pornography trial of missing Utah mother Susan Powell's father-in-law is under way with jury selection in Washington state, and Powell's parents are hoping the case sheds some light on her disappearance.
Chuck and Judy Cox watched as Steve Powell was led into a Tacoma courtroom Monday wearing a tie and gray sport coat.
Opening statements aren't expected until Wednesday.
Susan Powell is presumed dead, apparently at the hands of her husband, Josh Powell, who killed himself and their two sons in a fiery explosion in February at a house in Graham, Wash.
Josh Powell and the boys had moved into his father's home in Puyallup, Wash., after Susan Powell's disappearance three years ago. Officers were searching the home for clues when they said they came across voyeuristic images on Steve Powell's computers.