Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Fri July 1, 2011
SOLD OUT: The 2011 KPLU Summer Jazz Brunch Cruise!
UPDATE: Tickets are now sold out for this event
Join us Sunday, August 14 for our 19th Summer Jazz Brunch Cruise, a relaxing, two-and-a-half hour cruise on Elliott Bay aboard the Royal Argosy. Enjoy a scrumptious all-you-can-eat brunch, spectacular views, and great music from "that mighty engine of rhythm," Gypsy jazz masters, Pearl Django.
Also, KPLU Music Director Nick Francis will provide the entertainment at intermission, playing his "Choppertone," a musical mixing device he invented that allows him to mash up jazz tunes in real time.
The boat leaves Seattle's Pier 56 at 10:30 a.m. and returns at 1 p.m. Tickets are $60.
KPLU's Summer Jazz Cruises are a summertime favorite for Northwest residents and out-of-town guests. We hope to see you on board!
Highlights from last year's cruise
KPLU Studio Sessions