Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri July 1, 2011
SOLD OUT: The 2011 KPLU Summer Jazz Brunch Cruise!
UPDATE: Tickets are now sold out for this event
Join us Sunday, August 14 for our 19th Summer Jazz Brunch Cruise, a relaxing, two-and-a-half hour cruise on Elliott Bay aboard the Royal Argosy. Enjoy a scrumptious all-you-can-eat brunch, spectacular views, and great music from "that mighty engine of rhythm," Gypsy jazz masters, Pearl Django.
Also, KPLU Music Director Nick Francis will provide the entertainment at intermission, playing his "Choppertone," a musical mixing device he invented that allows him to mash up jazz tunes in real time.
The boat leaves Seattle's Pier 56 at 10:30 a.m. and returns at 1 p.m. Tickets are $60.
KPLU's Summer Jazz Cruises are a summertime favorite for Northwest residents and out-of-town guests. We hope to see you on board!
Highlights from last year's cruise
KPLU Studio Sessions