Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri August 10, 2012
Smoke evacuates Seattle water taxi
Smoke from the engine room forced the Seattle water taxi to return to its dock at West Seattle.
Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says it had a large response before 8 a.m. Friday because of the reported boat fire.
Moore says the smoke was caused by wires touching a generator, but there was no fire. Firefighters did not use water or foam.
Moore says the water taxi crew did the right thing by returning to the dock and evacuating passengers.
The taxi carries passengers across Elliott Bay between West Seattle and the downtown waterfront.