Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Smoke evacuates Seattle water taxi
Smoke from the engine room forced the Seattle water taxi to return to its dock at West Seattle.
Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says it had a large response before 8 a.m. Friday because of the reported boat fire.
Moore says the smoke was caused by wires touching a generator, but there was no fire. Firefighters did not use water or foam.
Moore says the water taxi crew did the right thing by returning to the dock and evacuating passengers.
The taxi carries passengers across Elliott Bay between West Seattle and the downtown waterfront.