Most Active Stories
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
- Organic Milk More Nutritious than Regular Milk, WSU Study Finds
News & Music Contributors
Food for thought
Wed December 7, 2011
Show us your best thrift-store cooking gear
For many a year I was quite proud that other than appliances I owned no kitchen tools, pots, pans or gear of any kind that I paid more than $10 for.
There was just one problem.
A lot of that stuff was junk.
I've since learned that decent equipment, knives especially, make a big difference and sometimes you just have to shell out. But not always.
As my "Food for Thought" pard, Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson brags in this thrilling episode. Hear all about it by clicking "listen" up above.
And now – game show host voice – Let's just take a look at her fabulous thrift store buys!
What's your best thrift store kitchen acquisition? Post a picture in the comments section below, just click the "+ image" button.
"Thrift comes too late when you find it at the bottom of your purse."
“Food for Thought” is a weekly KPLU feature covering the world of food as well as the thinking that goes into it. The feature is published here and airs on KPLU 88.5 every Wednesday during Morning Edition and All Things Considered.