Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed September 4, 2013
She Sings the Cookbook Electric
This Food for Thought installment is half about on-screen cookbooks and their various apps and half about clams. In dreaming up a headline I started with Do Clamoids Dream of Electric... but that was as far as I could get. Which may be just as well.
Anyway, Nance thinks that cooking from a screen is the way to go. Even if you don't agree, but you do like clams, read on....
I think I might try that one myself for "Clamity" Cheryl DeGroot, world's greatest clamthusiast. But I'll be looking at a piece of paper, not a screen.
Now, everyone knows the favorite recipes in the cookbook are always the ones ones most encrusted with splatters. To that end, I call upon electronic cookbook publishers to create a method by which users can add virtual splatters to a recipe every time they use it.
"...When I was a kid we had a book case in the kitchen filled with cookbooks. I would eat all my meals reading about meals I could have been having."
– Samantha Bee
("And I thought I was the only one doing this." – Stein)