Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Faults Seattle Schools For 'Lack Of Urgency' In Serving Most Vulnerable Students
News & Music Contributors
Tue March 11, 2014
Senator's Bill Calls For Annual UW-Gonzaga Basketball Game
State Sen. Michael Baumgartner, R-Spokane, wants to rekindle one of the state's best basketball rivalries.
Baumgartner has introduced a bill that would require the University of Washington and Gonzaga University of Spokane to play at least once each season.
The two programs have not played each other since 2007.
Senate Bill 6583 would require at least one regular season game each year.
Baumgartner noted that Washington and Gonzaga played each year from 1998 through 2007, with Gonzaga winning eight of those 10 games.