Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Fri July 20, 2012
Seattle's Cafe Racer reopens 7 weeks after massacre
A neighborhood coffee shop in Seattle's University District reopened Friday, a month-and-a-half after a shooting massacre.
Cafe Racer has been renovated with the help of volunteers, but no one is forgetting the five people who were shot there May 30 and the four who died.
The gunman also killed a woman in a carjacking in Seattle before taking his own life.