Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 30, 2013
Seattle Ranks 4th Among U.S. Cities In Volunteering
Public-service minded Washington residents helped the state rank ninth in the nation for volunteering last year.
According to a national volunteering report, nearly 2 million Washingtonians volunteered more than 250 million hours in 2012.
Seattle is ranked fourth among the 51st largest metropolitan areas, and tops for young adult volunteering.
The volunteering report is based on statistics gathered by the federal government. It shows one in four adults volunteered through an organization in 2012.
Nationally, more than 64 million Americans volunteered nearly 8 billion hours last year.