Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 3, 2012
Seattle is North America's third smartest city
Fast Company has released its list of the top ten smartest cities in North America. Seattle is third from the top. Vancouver, BC comes in at fourth place. Boston is number one.
All of the cities on the list "are pushing the envelope of technology, sustainability and better living conditions".
What makes a city "smart"? Fast Company's Boyd Cohen rates cities on six components: economy, environment, governance, living, mobility, and people.
Seattle scored very well in four of the categories, especially in governance and the economy.