Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Seattle is North America's third smartest city
Fast Company has released its list of the top ten smartest cities in North America. Seattle is third from the top. Vancouver, BC comes in at fourth place. Boston is number one.
All of the cities on the list "are pushing the envelope of technology, sustainability and better living conditions".
What makes a city "smart"? Fast Company's Boyd Cohen rates cities on six components: economy, environment, governance, living, mobility, and people.
Seattle scored very well in four of the categories, especially in governance and the economy.