Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 3, 2012
Seattle is North America's third smartest city
Fast Company has released its list of the top ten smartest cities in North America. Seattle is third from the top. Vancouver, BC comes in at fourth place. Boston is number one.
All of the cities on the list "are pushing the envelope of technology, sustainability and better living conditions".
What makes a city "smart"? Fast Company's Boyd Cohen rates cities on six components: economy, environment, governance, living, mobility, and people.
Seattle scored very well in four of the categories, especially in governance and the economy.