Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Thu November 7, 2013
Seattle Mayor's Wife Arrested at Immigration Rally
The wife of outgoing Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, Peggy Lynch, was one of the women arrested at an immigration reform rally in Bellevue for refusing to leave the office of the Washington State Republican Party.
About 30 women refused to leave the office Thursday during the demonstration, which was party of national actions urging Republican members of the U.S. House of Representatives to reform immigration laws.
The head of the Washington State Republican Party, Susan Hutchison, was out of town but said in a statement she agrees the immigration system needs to be reformed.
She says the demonstrators were arrested after refusing a request from the building landlord to leave. Hutchison says she's happy to have a dialogue, "but you cannot fix a broken law by breaking the law."