Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Seattle hit record 70 on sunny Sunday
Under sunny skies, the temperature hit a record 70 degrees Sunday in Seattle, breaking the old record of 69 set in 1996.
The National Weather Service says it was 70 in Olympia, as well, and 71 in Vancouver, although those were not records for the date in those cities.
Meteorologist Jay Albrecht in Seattle says, "It's starting to look a little more like spring."
High clouds Monday will likely prevent a repeat of Sunday's highs, but Western Washington temperatures should be in the 60s. The clouds increase the chance of showers statewide through the rest of the work week.