Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
Tue April 12, 2011
Seattle City Light finds another shocking light pole
Seattle City Light has found another electrified streetlight pole. It was a new pole, which had been installed in January. A dog detected the voltage when it sniffed the pole and its owner called it in. City Light says the streetlight had been improperly installed and had frayed wires.
As a precaution, the utility is inspecting about 60 streetlight poles that were damaged and replaced in the past year. Many of those poles weren’t in place when City Light did comprehensive voltage testing last December and January.
If you suspect voltage at any metal streetlight pole or associated metal fixture, City Light urges you to report the incident immediately to the Streetlight Hotline at (206) 684-7056.