Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
home sweet home
Wed March 20, 2013
Seattle among 'best cities for young entrepreneurs'
Seattle has been named one of the best places for young entrepreneurs to set up shop.
Readers of the website Under30CEO.com ranked Seattle as the tenth best large-city home for a new company.
“Seattle’s young educated scene is also driven by University of Washington which Businessweek ranked in the Top 5 Business Schools on the West Coast in 2013,” Under30CEO.com said.
The website also cited Seattle’s coffee and tech industries as boons for young business-types.
The readers were asked to judge based on local resources, culture, atmosphere, and overall appeal to twenty-somethings. The site compiled three separate lists — for small, medium and large cities.
Austin, Texas, “hub for innovation and entrepreneurship for years, all centered around the annual SXSW festival,” topped the list for large cities followed by San Francisco and Louisville, Ky. Portland ranked seventh.