Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Wed April 17, 2013
S.C. House approves $120M for Boeing expansion
Legislation giving the Boeing Co. $120 million in incentives for their expansion plans in South Carolina is one vote away from reaching the governor's desk.
The House voted 115-2 Wednesday to approve the bill. Another vote would send it to Gov. Nikki Haley, who is sure to sign it. The Senate approved the measure last week.
House Speaker Bobby Harrell made the rare move of coming to the podium to explain the deal he helped negotiate with Senate Finance Committee Chairman Hugh Leatherman.
Boeing announced last week it will invest another $1 billion and create 2,000 new jobs over eight years in North Charleston. The borrowing bill will cover the upfront costs of buying and improving the land. The Boeing complex in North Charleston already employs about 6,000 people.