Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Sammamish is America's friendliest town
Forbes describes the Eastside suburb as a community where "wives swap recipes while their husbands trade tools" (am I the only one having a Stepford Wives flashback?).
Other contributing factors include a crime rate that's 90% below the national average, and a healthy economic environment where nearly 90% of residents own their own homes.
Here are the top 5 friendliest towns according to Forbes:
- Sammamish, WA
- Orinda, CA
- Fishers, IN
- Seal Beach, CA
- Westerville, OH
Forbes and Nextdoor.com evaluated 500 small metro areas with populations between 5,500 and 150,000.
They rated the top 15 based on education, crime rate, charitable giving and home ownership.