Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 9, 2011
Rep. McDermott of Seattle and wife to divorce
Rep. Jim McDermott of Washington and his wife of nearly 14 years are divorcing.
The Seattle Democrat has released a statement saying the end of a marriage is "difficult and painful."
He has added his divorce from Therese Hansen was a personal matter and asked for privacy. They have no children.
McDermott has two children from a previous marriage.